To enable cheque printing:
- Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Accounting Features.
- Set Yes to Enable Cheque Printing.
Note: When a new company is created in Tally.ERP 9, the option Enable Cheque Printing is set to Yes, by default.
Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration
Tally.ERP 9 allows you to Set/Alter cheque printing configuration from F11:Accounting Features as well as from Bank Ledger Creation/Alteration screen.
To Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration from F11:Accounting Features:
- Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration to Yes.
Company Cheque Details screen appears:
- Company Name on Cheque: To print the company name on the cheque for signature purposes, mention the name of the Company (for example, ABC Company). If you do not want Tally.ERP 9 to print the name, you can leave it blank. Many banks issue cheques with your company name printed.
- Name of Banks: Select the Bank from the Bank accounts list.
Note: You may also press Alt+C at the Name of Banks field to create a Bank account.
The Cheque Dimensions screen for the selected Bank appears as shown:
Take a cheque leaf of the selected bank and fill in the dimensions of the cheque in millimeters.
You may also copy the dimensions from Sample Format or any other Configured Banks. To copy the dimensions:
- Click Ctrl+C: Copy From or press Ctrl+C
- The Select Configured Bank screen appears as shown:
- Select the Sample Format or the required Bank from the list.
- The cheque printing configuration fields will fill the fields with the selected dimensions.
To Print/Preview the settings click Print button or press Alt+P.
To reset the dimensions filled, go to Company Cheque Details screen, select the Bank from Name of Banks field and select End of List.
You need to correct the alignments by trying out through Preview/Print. The placing of the cheque in the printer also determines the printing.
A brief explanation on the Cheque Printing Configuration parameters are as follows:
The filled dimensions of Cheque Printing Configuration appears as shown:
1. The Cheque Printing Configuration form will not allow you to leave any of the fields blank other than salutation fields. It will also not allow inappropriate figures and will prompt you with appropriate messages at various fields to control the configuration.
Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration from Ledger Creation/Alteration screen:
Tally.ERP 9 allows you to conveniently set/alter the cheque printing configuration from the bank ledger creation/alteration screen itself, so that the user need not go to F11:Accounting Features to set the configuration for each bank account created.
To set/alter cheque printing configuration:
- Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info > Ledger > Create.
- The ledger creation screen appears, type the bank name in the Name field.
- Select Bank Accounts under group.
- Set Yes to the option Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration and press Enter.
Note: The option Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration appears only when the Bank Accounts or Bank OD A/c group is selected.
- On completion of configuration setup, cheque printing screen appears to preview/print the Sample Cheque Printing.
The Print Preview screen of Sample Cheque Printing appears as shown:
- Press Esc from the Preview screen or after having printed the sample cheque, the cursor goes to the Mailing Details in Ledger Creation screen, provide the other required details and Save the ledger.
Note: You are now ready to print the cheque. Remember that this option is available only for the banks for which you have Ledger account.