In this information age, when time has become even more precious than money, timely access to business information can change the way one does business.
Now, Tally provides a solution with which you can access information from your Tally.ERP 9 system anytime, from anywhere, simply by using an SMS-based service named PULL SMS. The service is available for the Tally. ERP 9 Series A release 2.0 or later, as part of the Tally.NET services portfolio.
How it works
To get started with this service, first register tinformation can do so using the Tally.ERP 9 system.
You need to enter your query or requirements and send it to 5667790.
To access information, you need not type any key word or follow any syntax; just type free text, quite akin to writing in your 'natural language'.
For example: In case you type in 'Sales for Today' the software will return the sales figure for that day.
After this, if you type, 'Yesterday', the context of the previous SMS is
retained and the sales figure for the previous day is shown. Now, the previous request can be overridden by sending another query via new key words, such as 'Purchase today' and figures corresponding to this query will be received.
How to Configure SMS in Tally.ERP 9
This can be done by following the four easy and simple steps mentioned below:
1) Include your mobile number
Log in to the 'Control Centre' by providing your User ID and password
- Click W: My Profile or press Alt+W
- Select the required salutation
- Enter the name of the contact person
- Enter the mobile number in the Mobile No(s) field
- Go to 'Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > F4: Tally.NET Features'
- Set Yes to Enable SMS Access
- Enter the short name for the company in the field: SMS Company Name
- Go to 'Gateway of Tally > click F3: Cmp Info > Security Controls > User and Passwords'
- Select the required Security Level
- Enter your e-mail ID under Name of User
- Select Yes to Allow Remote Access
- Select Yes to Allow SMS Access
- Go to Gateway of Tally > and click F4: Connect
- On successfully connecting the company to Tally.NET the message appears in the calculator pane.
- You can now proceed to query information via SMS by sending in your queries to 566779<9>.
- <9> is the SMS suffix or a unique sequence number allotted to each company that's connected.